11.8.13

July Favourites!




 Hola mi lovelies!

Look at me on time with a monthly favourites (or better yet-actually doing one >.<). This month there are only four stand out products for me, though truth be told I haven't actually been experimenting or trying new things.




Let's start with my new 'love' Revlon's Super lustrous lipstick in Rich Girl Red. I bought it a few months ago and though I haven't heard much about it in the blogosphere it is a fairly new range. It's a Shine finish and wowee is it beautiful! It's moisturising, even for me and my very dry lips, and gives a lovely sheen. Yet it isn't too sheer. This particular colour strikes me as more coral-ly orange than red and brightens my face, it also has no discernible scent. All in all, it fits right into my favourite colour family (orange/coral) and I feel like I have finally found that elusive HG lipstick!



I've been wearing Revlon's Lip Butter in Red Velvet, for the (rare) times I wanted something different. On my pigmented lips it doesn't translate as dark as it looks, rather it is a softer red/berry tinge that I think is very summer appropriate.
Top: Red Velvet
Bottom: Rich Girl Red



Next up is Benefit's They're real mascara, a sample size which came with a past ELLE magazine. Though I'm not fond of the wand, the formula is easy to work with and lasts well.

And last but not least, is Essie Chubby Cheeks nail polish, another coral offering but this one leans more red. The odd thing about this nail varnish is that it seems to look different in different lights, ranging from a redder coral to a more orange colour, something I wasn't too fond of at first, but has now grown on me. The formula is fantastic and I totally see the hype about Essie polishes now- it doesn't streak, it's pigmented and it dries very fast. Bleedin' awesome!

           That rounds off my small monthly favourites! So what have you been enjoying this month?