1.8.12

Battle of the Cleansers!

The cleansers



The cleansers in question are the No7 Beautiful Skin Cleansing water and the Emma Hardie Amazing Face Natural Lift and Sculpt Moringa Cleansing Balm (phew! What a mouthful!).
Now, I've been using the Emma Hardie cleanser for a long time since I got it in the Feel Unique beauty box ( a minute of silence please for this wonderful box, it was good while it lasted!) and the No7 cleanser I got more recently. For me there is a clear winner but admittedly each cleanser does have its advantages.

                             No7 Beautiful Skin Cleansing Water:
Price: £9
Available at: Boots or Boots.com
The Product: It's all in the name! This is a water based cleanser that can be used either with a cotton pad or your hands to cleanse and refresh.
Pros: Well I had to rack my brains for this! The price is a clear advantage as it costs less than a tenner and with the occasional £5 off vouchers Boots have, it costs a mere £4. It's easy to use as it has a pump and you just need cotton pads or you can use your hands. Much easier than a bleedin muslin cloth which is wonderful and all but gets so dirty and nothing irritates me more!

Cons:  The smell! Oh Lord it is strong and very alcoholic! As in medicinal alcohol. However, I think I may just have a very sensitive nose as my sister didn't find it too bad. 
When I use it, it feels like it is stripping my skin of everything thought I think this has to do with the smell. Yet when I used my EH cleanser over this, there was still residue on the muslin cloth. 
Final Thoughts: For me, I'm not too fond of this and would probably not repurchase. Nonetheless keep in mind that we all have different skin types so it may work for you!


                                         EH Cleanser
Price: £34 
Available at: Feelunique.com
The Product: A cleansing balm which is used with a muslin cloth to cleanse, moisturise amongst a host of other benefits. 

Pros: It feels gentle and wonderfully soothing and leaves my skin feeling soft, clean and glowing. You only need a tiny amount which you mix with a few drops of warm water, massage into your skin and then using a muslin cloth to wash it off. I adore this product and I really don't want it to finish! It takes off all the grime of the day and leaves my skin feeling fresh and lovely. 
Cons: It costs a painful £34!

Final Thoughts: Frankly I'm rationing it as it costs so much! But it does last forever and actually does what it says so I might just buy the full size! 

                  Verdict: EH cleanser wins by a milestone :)

I hope you liked this essay of a post and tell me in the comments what your favourite cleansers are?